Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 Reading Challenges

Last year I participated in one reading challenge:  Bookish Ardour's Off the Shelf Challenge.  She's hosting this challenge again this year, and I'm not participating again, but if you'd like to, you can go here and sign up!


This year, I've decided to participate in a few reading challenges, so this post is all about which ones I'm going to attempt for 2012.  Here they are...



abductedbybooks.blogspot.com


This one is being hosted by my friend, Courtney, over at Abducted By Books. The rules are simple:  read 15,000 pages in 2012.  The cool thing is, any book you read in 2012 counts, unless it's a graphic novel.  And she's giving away prizes!  






This is hosted by my friend Kate, a.k.a. Midnight Book Girl.  I'm officially going to go for the "Reliving the Past" level, which is re-reading 4-8 books. I'm already planning on re-reading at least 3 books, so I thought I'd try for 4-8.  




Stephanie Plum Reading Challenge

I just happened to stumble across this one while I was looking at challenges on A Novel Challenge, and it works perfectly for me!  My friend Holly over at Traveling Due West was getting rid of some of her books a few months ago, and I took home three bags full, including several of the Stephanie Plum books.  I knew that I would want to re-read One for the Money before the movie came out (which works for Kate's challenge above), and reading the rest of the series would help out with Courtney's 15,000 page challenge.  And the nice thing about this challenge is that it's a perpetual challenge, meaning there is no end date!  So I won't feel too bad if I don't get through every single one of those Plum books by the end of 2012.  This one is hosted by Darlene at Darlene's Book Nook.


I have also challenged myself on Goodreads to read 80 books this year.  In 2010, I read 30 books, so last year I challenged myself on Goodreads to read 35 books.  I flew by that number in the middle of the year and ended up reading 76 books!  So this year, I'm just going to set a goal of 80 books, and hopefully I'll reach that goal.  

So there are my reading challenges for 2012.  I'm hoping to reach each one of those goals this year, and I also plan on writing more blog posts.  I kind of have to, to keep up with those challenges!  

ALSO - I may be having a giveaway sometime this year, so be on the lookout for that, and be sure to share my blog with your friends!  I need more followers!  


2 comments:

  1. Good luck with all your challenges this year! You did way better with your reading challenge last year then I did with any of mine. I'm doing something similar to the off the shelf challenge but it has a mountain theme to go along with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Stephanie Plum Reading Challenge, Andrea! Thanks for joining me, and I'm looking forward to seeing your reviews! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete