Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Few Random Things: Write Every Day Challenge, Day #11

A few random things today...


On my last post I decided that, since I had missed a day of my Write Every Day Challenge, I would write more than just a blog post on Day #9.  I looked online and found a website called Creative Writing Prompts.  I perused the different prompts and found one that caught my eye:  #4 challenges you to rewrite the ending of Cinderella so that the glass slipper actually fit on one of her ugly stepsisters.  This is right up my alley, because in high school I wrote poem that was a different take on Cinderella, and I love the books of Gregory Maguire (Wicked:  The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the WestConfessions of an Ugly Stepsister; and Mirror, Mirror).  So off to write I went.  I wrote a bit that day, and a bit more yesterday (to fulfill my quota for Day #10), and let me tell you, I had so much fun doing it!  It reminded me just how much fun I can have while writing, while making up characters and describing their actions.  If NaNoWriMo is anything like that for me this year, I'm sure to reach the goal of 50,000 words!  I also found No Plot? No Problem! at the library yesterday!  Score!


I went to see Scott Pilgrim vs. the World last night with my friend, Courtney.  It was great!  I'd like to write a review of it someday, but I think I'll watch it again first.


I was on Mugglenet the other day and they had a post about this really cool looking blog:  Mark Reads Harry Potter.  It's this guy who is reading the Harry Potter books for the first time, and posts about each chapter after he reads them.  He only knew a few things about Harry Potter before he began his quest, and he asks his readers to not reveal any spoilers within their comments (he is currently on The Half-Blood Prince).  I've only read one of his posts, but this seems like a great blog!  He uses a lot of adult language, so this blog isn't really for kids, but adult lovers of Harry Potter will get a kick out of it!  Oh, and there's supposed to be a new trailer for The Deathly Hallows, Part 1 online on Wednesday!  Sooo excited!


So tonight I have book club!  We're (finally) discussing Mockingjay.  We all love this series, so we are all going to have a lot to say!  We are also doing a kind of potluck thing this time:  only we're each bringing a dish that we'd want to have as our last meal.  We were inspired by the meals that Katniss and Peeta eat on the train on their way to their first Games.  I'm bringing some sushi.  I wanted to bring escargot (my absolute favorite!) but I wasn't sure that others would like it as much as I do.  I'm so ready for the meeting;  it should be a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment